Author Topic: Pulsar PG1202S Gas Powered Generator  (Read 21851 times)

Offline admin

• VN Vet Sgt Maxx
  • Forum Founder - R.I.P
  • Captain Of My Soul
Pulsar PG1202S Gas Powered Generator
« on: December 30, 2016, 06:00:28 PM »
  Pulsar PG1202S Gas Powered Generator   This handy, two-cycle generator provides enough portable power for those jobs around the house or when you are hunting, fishing, camping, tailgating or even out on a boat and does so without breaking your piggy bank. With 1200 peak watts of power, the PG1202S has two 120V and one 12V outlet and can operate for up to 8.5 hours on just 1.2 gallons of fuel mix with a quiet mode system that creates only 65 dB of noise.
Available at Amazon.com
great price

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:08:50 AM by admin »
If You Seek, You Will Find! No matter what anyone Claims .. You Can do anything!
However if it's worth having, it takes real hard work and determination!
The one who wants you to progress is yourself.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • Once you stop learning, you stop living!
Re: Pulsar PG1202S Gas Powered Generator
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 03:05:50 PM »
This has got me interested. About two years ago we had a power outage for about 1.5 days. A generator would have helped a lot. While I was looking at amazon there was an image of a solar panel which made me wonder how much they were and how one would work. so, I did a little research and found this:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Solar-Power-System/

Offline admin

• VN Vet Sgt Maxx
  • Forum Founder - R.I.P
  • Captain Of My Soul
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 05:25:48 PM »
I have though about this for years, but never had the chance to get into it, but it is a interesting prospect :)

Yes when younger and had my own place I even had a solar hot water heater/ tank and storage unit with 600 gal capacity had a pump and would work without low pressure, if no power! If you search, you should be able to find out how to make these!

I would recommend that toughs who have their own home, to use a black 55gal plastic drum, under a rain spout to collect emergency water. this will need some maintenance:

if no rain fill from tap, must keep top on the stop insects and leaves etc. out, also change water frequently, don't waste use the old water for plants and stuff.

This water is not for consumption, just for bathing & cleaning.
If You Seek, You Will Find! No matter what anyone Claims .. You Can do anything!

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 05:37:51 PM »
The thing is that you see ads for solar panels but nothing about all of the things that you will need to make them work. They make it seem like you can just install the panels then plug them in and you'll get extra power and save money. The truth is that you'll also need extra equipment (if those accessories are not included) and the know-how to set them up and run it. To the average Joe it's not that easy. Some require a bit of electrical knowledge.

Offline admin

• VN Vet Sgt Maxx
  • Forum Founder - R.I.P
  • Captain Of My Soul
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 06:02:28 PM »
Yes.. I like the small portable Generator Idea better, and you can use it for many other things as well, and the 12volts/5volt, with an adapter you could run your Cell phones and tablets, I have many 6, 12 and 5volt devices: lights windows phone, rechargeable batters, AA AAA 12volt standard rechargeable. I also Keep and 12Volt car booster with USB and Led Light and air pump, for emergencies in the home! Crank lanterns, Crank Radio, and adding all the time.

Please note to others, these things and be purchased a bit at a time..No need to go nuts, I even have dried Food storage,  they can be had for 10 years and up.

Portable drinking Water filter tanks/containers, with extra filters.. Water is the most important thing, the average can only survive 3 to 4 days without it.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 06:19:31 PM »
Yes, but I've seen a few others that have better reviews that this one. I didn't read them all yet but only looked at the 5 star ratings for now. Trust me, I do my homework thoroughly before I buy anything whether it's online or brick and mortar. LOL But, sometimes the reviews are faked! Try this website to see how well the product reviews really are:

http://fakespot.com/

Offline admin

• VN Vet Sgt Maxx
  • Forum Founder - R.I.P
  • Captain Of My Soul
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 06:42:07 PM »
I posted this one because of the 5 star reviews in the beginning of them, and the price is such that anyone can afford it, plus there and many price and 5 star ones on the same page... Just an idea, better cost more most times. you can get to thousands of dollars and get 5 star reviews that are meaning less once you get home! some people complain, because they have no idea how it works and other just because they have another Brand and some that make no sense at all! Polsar has been a great name for many Years. and for 130 bucks, what can ask for?

Yes everyone should always check prices and features on all purchases!

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 06:44:55 PM »
The price is pretty good! :)

Offline admin

• VN Vet Sgt Maxx
  • Forum Founder - R.I.P
  • Captain Of My Soul
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 06:53:32 PM »
Some have complained that it is not 1000 watts... when it states it is.
Fact is it states it is 900 watts constant.

If you want one for the fridge You need to Get full blown system with a no break systems, much to spend and maintain!~

And also you want something that one person can carry not, 2 men and boy lol! plus if you want to go camping fishing what ever!

Just and FYI..

Maxx

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 09:53:01 AM »
Yes, I was reading about that. However, what it states and what it actually does "may" be 2 different things. Can't really tell without testing it for yourself.

Offline admin

• VN Vet Sgt Maxx
  • Forum Founder - R.I.P
  • Captain Of My Soul
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 10:06:26 AM »
This is true with anything at any time and any place.. it's only an idea, and there is always some that will not be satisfied! :)
I worked with Commercial Generators at 12K watts and above 1 mega watt, that I did not like and cost in 6 figures +. An like I said, you can find fault in most anything and at any price! :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 10:46:59 AM by admin »

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 10:09:15 AM »
I need to read up more on solar panels and generators.