Author Topic: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Lucky Man  (Read 3503 times)

Offline admin

• VN Vet Sgt Maxx
  • Forum Founder - R.I.P
  • Captain Of My Soul
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Lucky Man
« on: November 13, 2016, 04:54:51 PM »
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Lucky Man

Emerson, Lake & Palmer were an English progressive rock supergroup formed in London in 1970. The band consisted of keyboardist Keith Emerson, singer, bassist, and producer Greg Lake, and drummer and percussionist Carl Palmer. They were one of the most popular and commercially successful progressive rock bands in the 1970s[1][2] with a musical sound including adaptations of classical music with jazz and symphonic rock elements, dominated by Emerson's flamboyant use of the Hammond organ, Moog synthesizer, and piano (although Lake wrote several acoustic songs for the group).[3]
After forming in early 1970, the band came to prominence following their performance at the Isle of Wight Festival in August 1970. In their first year, the group signed with Atlantic Records and released Emerson, Lake & Palmer (1970) and Tarkus (1971), both of which reached the United Kingdom top five. The band's success continued with Pictures at an Exhibition (1971), Trilogy (1972), and Brain Salad Surgery (1973). After a three-year break, Emerson, Lake & Palmer released Works Volume 1 (1977) and Works Volume 2 (1977) which began their decline in popularity. After Love Beach (1978), the group disbanded in 1979.
The band reformed partially in the 1980s with Emerson, Lake & Powell featuring Cozy Powell in place of Palmer, and 3, with Robert Berry in place of Lake. In 1991, the original trio reformed and released two more albums, Black Moon (1992) and In the Hot Seat (1994), and toured at various times between 1992 and 1998. Their final performance took place in 2010 at the High Voltage Festival in London to commemorate the band's fortieth anniversary, before Emerson's death in 2016 marked the end of the group.[4][5]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 04:57:52 PM by admin »
If You Seek, You Will Find! No matter what anyone Claims .. You Can do anything!
However if it's worth having, it takes real hard work and determination!
The one who wants you to progress is yourself.

Offline admin

• VN Vet Sgt Maxx
  • Forum Founder - R.I.P
  • Captain Of My Soul
Still You Turn Me On - Emerson Lake and Palmer
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 07:58:39 PM »
    Still You Turn Me On - Emerson Lake and Palmer
"Still You Turn Me On" Brain Salad Surgery, Emerson Lake and Palmer

If You Seek, You Will Find! No matter what anyone Claims .. You Can do anything!

Offline admin

• VN Vet Sgt Maxx
  • Forum Founder - R.I.P
  • Captain Of My Soul
Re:Carl Palmer performs a Drum Solo at the Arcada Theater!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 08:07:31 PM »
Carl Palmer performs a Drum Solo at the Arcada Theater!

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • Once you stop learning, you stop living!
Re: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Lucky Man
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 08:24:19 PM »

Offline admin

• VN Vet Sgt Maxx
  • Forum Founder - R.I.P
  • Captain Of My Soul
Re: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Lucky Man
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 09:10:37 PM »
Yes..and so did Robert Palmer a few years back (addicted to Love) and many others after the ELP group!

Many old school artist are gone and not much left, except what we can keep alive for them.
many thing today are copied or make no sense JMHO!