Author Topic: FLAXSEED OIL Overview Information  (Read 5129 times)

Offline admin

• VN Vet Sgt Maxx
  • Forum Founder - R.I.P
  • Captain Of My Soul
FLAXSEED OIL Overview Information
« on: November 17, 2015, 12:43:25 PM »
FLAXSEED OIL Overview Information
Flaxseed is the seed from the plant Linum usitatissimum. Oil from the seed is used to make medicine.

People try flaxseed oil for many different conditions, including rheumatoid arthritis and high cholesterol. It is also tried for treating osteoarthritis, anxiety, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), vaginal infections, dry eyes, “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, and attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

Some people use flaxseed oil as a laxative for constipation, for weight loss, and to prevent breast cancer and prostate cancer.

Flaxseed oil is also applied to the skin to sooth irritations or soften roughness.

In foods, flaxseed oil is used as cooking oil and in margarines.

In manufacturing, flaxseed oil is used as an ingredient in paints, varnishes, linoleum, and soap; and as a waterproofing agent.

How does it work?Flaxseed oil is a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids such as alpha-linolenic acid. The alpha-linolenic acid and related chemicals in flaxseed oil seem to decrease inflammation. That is why flaxseed oil is thought to be useful for rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory (swelling) diseases.
If You Seek, You Will Find! No matter what anyone Claims .. You Can do anything!
However if it's worth having, it takes real hard work and determination!
The one who wants you to progress is yourself.

Offline admin

• VN Vet Sgt Maxx
  • Forum Founder - R.I.P
  • Captain Of My Soul
Re: FLAXSEED OIL Overview Information
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 01:05:18 PM »
FLAXSEED OIL Side Effects & Safety
Flaxseed oil is LIKELY SAFE for most adults when taken by mouth appropriately short-term.

Large doses of 30 grams per day and higher can cause loose stools and diarrhea. Allergic reactions have occurred while taking flaxseed oil.

Some men worry that taking flaxseed oil might increase their chance of getting prostate cancer because of the alpha-linolenic acid that flaxseed oil contains. Researchers are still trying to figure out the role of alpha-linolenic acid in prostate cancer. Some studies suggest that alpha-linolenic acid may increase risk or make existing prostate cancer worse, but other studies find no connection. Nevertheless, the alpha-linolenic acid in flaxseed oil does not seem to be a problem. Alpha-linolenic acid from plant sources, such as flaxseed, does not seem to affect prostate cancer risk, although alpha-linolenic acid from dairy and meat sources has been linked in some studies with prostate cancer.

Not enough is known about the safety of flaxseed oil when it is applied to the skin.

Special Precautions & Warnings: Pregnancy: Flaxseed oil is POSSIBLY UNSAFE when taken by mouth during pregnancy. Some research suggests that flaxseed oil might increase the chance of premature birth when taken during the second or third trimesters of pregnancy. However, other research suggests that taking flaxseed oil might be safe starting from the second or third trimester and continuing until delivery. Until more is known, pregnant women should avoid taking flaxseed oil.

Children: Flaxseed is POSSIBLY SAFE for children when taken by mouth, short-term.

Breast-feeding: There isn’t enough reliable information available about the safety of flaxseed oil during breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid using flaxseed oil while breast-feeding until more is known.

Bleeding disorders: Flaxseed oil might increase the risk of severe bleeding in patients with bleeding disorders. Talk to your healthcare provider before using flaxseed oil if you have a bleeding disorder.

Surgery: Flaxseed oil might increase the risk of bleeding during and after surgery. Stop using it at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.

Note I started taking this today just got in, Fish Oil w/ Flax 800/800 two tabs daily! I can not handle the medications for cholesterol.

Maxx
If You Seek, You Will Find! No matter what anyone Claims .. You Can do anything!

Offline Scrubmeister

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 06:10:51 AM »
Crestor is the only one I can take without side effects.  :)

Never tried this stuff.

Offline admin

• VN Vet Sgt Maxx
  • Forum Founder - R.I.P
  • Captain Of My Soul
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 07:30:49 AM »
I'm trying it for many reasons, and if you read all the Cr-stor possible long term dangers, you want to consider the natural way of  Fish, Flax,  Borage  oil.  Beta 3, 6,9

I'm not Big fan of prescription medications and the long term damages they cause :)

Trying get off of many of them, used for over 10 years, and some of the pain and discomforts have subside for me along with other effects!

But all should check with their Doctors and also do some home work of your own on these things~

I will post more as I find :)

regards,
maxx

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 05:05:27 PM by admin »