Forum > Prepare For Emergencies Now!

Pulsar PG1202S Gas Powered Generator

(1/3) > >>

admin:
  Pulsar PG1202S Gas Powered Generator   This handy, two-cycle generator provides enough portable power for those jobs around the house or when you are hunting, fishing, camping, tailgating or even out on a boat and does so without breaking your piggy bank. With 1200 peak watts of power, the PG1202S has two 120V and one 12V outlet and can operate for up to 8.5 hours on just 1.2 gallons of fuel mix with a quiet mode system that creates only 65 dB of noise.
Available at Amazon.comhttps://www.amazon.com/Pulsar-PG1202s-Portable-Gas-Powered-Generator/dp/B00EFZQ53W/ref=lp_5006643011_1_18?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1483189666&sr=1-18
great price

Skhilled:
This has got me interested. About two years ago we had a power outage for about 1.5 days. A generator would have helped a lot. While I was looking at amazon there was an image of a solar panel which made me wonder how much they were and how one would work. so, I did a little research and found this:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Solar-Power-System/

admin:
I have though about this for years, but never had the chance to get into it, but it is a interesting prospect :)

Yes when younger and had my own place I even had a solar hot water heater/ tank and storage unit with 600 gal capacity had a pump and would work without low pressure, if no power! If you search, you should be able to find out how to make these!

I would recommend that toughs who have their own home, to use a black 55gal plastic drum, under a rain spout to collect emergency water. this will need some maintenance:

if no rain fill from tap, must keep top on the stop insects and leaves etc. out, also change water frequently, don't waste use the old water for plants and stuff.

This water is not for consumption, just for bathing & cleaning.

Skhilled:
The thing is that you see ads for solar panels but nothing about all of the things that you will need to make them work. They make it seem like you can just install the panels then plug them in and you'll get extra power and save money. The truth is that you'll also need extra equipment (if those accessories are not included) and the know-how to set them up and run it. To the average Joe it's not that easy. Some require a bit of electrical knowledge.

admin:
Yes.. I like the small portable Generator Idea better, and you can use it for many other things as well, and the 12volts/5volt, with an adapter you could run your Cell phones and tablets, I have many 6, 12 and 5volt devices: lights windows phone, rechargeable batters, AA AAA 12volt standard rechargeable. I also Keep and 12Volt car booster with USB and Led Light and air pump, for emergencies in the home! Crank lanterns, Crank Radio, and adding all the time.

Please note to others, these things and be purchased a bit at a time..No need to go nuts, I even have dried Food storage,  they can be had for 10 years and up.

Portable drinking Water filter tanks/containers, with extra filters.. Water is the most important thing, the average can only survive 3 to 4 days without it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page