Author Topic: Codecademy Pro. We’ll show you how to use Ruby on Rails to  (Read 3607 times)

Offline admin

• VN Vet Sgt Maxx
  • Forum Founder - R.I.P
  • Captain Of My Soul
Hi there,
Want to see Rails in action? Join us Thursday for a 45-minute coding session, streaming live. We’ll show you how to layer Rails onto your projects to store and access data.
 When? Thursday, May 5th at 12PM EDT (Noon)
 What?
We’ll build on top of Threadly, a simple HTML, CSS, and jQuery app from Codecademy Pro. We’ll show you how to use Ruby on Rails to add data persistence to the app – making it possible to save and access data even after you refresh a page.
 Where?
Streaming via YouTube Live here. If you’d like to ask questions, make sure to sign up for a YouTube account in advance.
 Want to Follow Along?
Check out last week's live coding session, read through the the source code, and download Sublime Text (or another code editor). Finally, make sure you have Rails set up in advance. (This may take some time!) We've made videos to help you get started on Windows or Mac.
 Why Should I Join?
Watch a professional developer talk through how to layer Rails onto a basic, working site. You’ll see how Rails gets applied on top of HTML, CSS, and jQuery in working apps.
 How Can I Learn More?
The project is inspired by work you can do with Codecademy Pro – a premium version of Codecademy that teaches you how to apply and practice the skills we teach in our free courses. Learn more about Pro and what you can build here.
Add to Calendar Outlook - Google - Yahoo - Outlook.com - Apple Calendar
See you soon!
The Codecademy Team
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:01:31 AM by admin »
If You Seek, You Will Find! No matter what anyone Claims .. You Can do anything!
However if it's worth having, it takes real hard work and determination!
The one who wants you to progress is yourself.